Get faster updates
Download the free Breaking News app for faster updates, alerts and live video.
At least 14 people were injured in a fire triggered by a natural gas explosion on Feb. 19, 2013, in an upscale business and shopping district of Kansas City, Mo., authorities told NBC News. Kansas City police said the blast occurred about 6 p.m. (7 p.m. ET) outside JJ's Restaurant in Country Club Plaza. Enormous flames tore into the night sky outside the restaurant, which was at the center of the fire and was destroyed. - NBC News